random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

The air was filled with snow today. Flurries really - no actual accumulation. I love snow. I love how it crunches under my feet. I love how it sparkles in the sunlight (especially when it's just cold enough for it not to melt even on a sunny day.) I love when it's wet snow and it clings to everything. Truthfully, I am a summer kind of gal - love the sun, LOVE the heat, spend a lot of time swimming or gardening, etc. But I guess, if it's got to be this freaking cold, then we might as well have something truly beautiful to show for it. And snow reminds me of Christmas-which I truly love. I had a Norman Rockwell childhood when it came to Christmas, so I don't have any of those family hangups, or neuroses about being in a relationship...I just love Christmas. So it snowed last week and again on Sunday. Which made my birthday all white and sparkly. I think this December may just be pretty good afterall.

4 Comments:

Blogger leila said...

i prefer snow through your eyes. and yikes K when's your birthday again? wow i'm crap with remembering other people's day of older-ing-ness.
L

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 5:13:00 AM

 
Blogger k said...

s'up babe - it was on Monday the 5th - nice, mellow, quiet. I'm totally getting old that I didn't even plan a girl's night out for my birthday! It was nice to only work 2 hours though - I think I'm hibernating because of the cold - like I don't even care that we didn't do a special dinner or cake or anything...c'est la vie!

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 5:53:00 PM

 
Blogger Jeff Pollet said...

Just got back from visiting my folks in Idaho, and it snowed the day before I got there and didn't snow while I was there, so I got to enjoy the pretty snow without a blizzard or anything getting in the way. It sure was pretty, and when the sun came out, the snow was covered in little itty bitty diamonds. And, though it's a lot colder there than here, at least you do have something to show for it, something other than rain and wet.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 10:21:00 AM

 
Blogger k said...

oooooo, I love it when it sparkles like diamonds in the sun :) - snow is great! I took Savannah for a walk today in it...she was jumpin around and prancing ...she's so funny in the snow. We are supposed to get 3-5 more inches tomorrow...I'm glad I don't have to drive in it, and I am looking forward to not digging out for awhile and to having a white christmas. The las few years we haven't gotten real snow until January. This is much better.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 5:25:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home