random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Don't waste the toilet paper!

Okay - the other day I found myself in the awkward position of sitting in the stall and discovering that there was no toilet paper left. So, I asked the girl in the stall next to me if she could hand me some. Now I don't know about the rest of the world, but I prefer/require a significant amount of toilet paper to get the job done. I like to be thorough. However, this chic next door hands me some measly amount...like 4 squares. 4 squares!!! Who could possibly be thorough with only 4 squares? So now I am in an uncomfortable and awkward decision making moment. Do I ask for more toilet paper? Do I make do with the paltry amount allotted me by the TP scrooge? And what was she thinking when I asked through the wall for help? Was it too inconvenient to take the extra 2 and a half seconds to pull a significant amount to hand to me? It was like the grudging courtesy. You do it, cuz you are generally nice, but you are put out by it...the moral of this story is that I will check for toilet paper before I sit down from now on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Pollet said...

maybe she had a moral dilemma of her own: Maybe when you asked there were only 8 squares left...and instead of saying, 'Well, I sort of need what I have here,' she split it evenly...?

Just thinking on the positive side of things.

Monday, November 21, 2005 10:18:00 AM

 
Blogger k said...

dude - that's outstanding!

Monday, November 21, 2005 11:52:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home