random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Nostalgia on a Rainy Day

One of the things I love about this time of year - they replay all the holiday favorites like the Wizard of Oz and It's A Wonderful Life and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I know it's silly, but I love watching these every year. Some years I am home and catch them, other years I miss them. Today though I get to see The Wizard of Oz at home in bed with my big black labrador as a blanket.

Today is my first day off in almost 2 weeks. I have to bartend tonight, but have had the whole day to do as I please. Usually I am driven to vacuum or do laundry or some other household work. Today, I slept in until almost 11am...haven't done that in ages. And although the day has been balmy, almost warm for November, as the day progressed, it's gotten rainy and very windy. I can hear it whipping around outside. I love days like this when it's blustery outside, but I am warm and cozy inside. I've had several cups of tea and watched tv/movies all day. And now The Wizard of Oz is on tv. Of course, I've seen it dozens of times, but I love it anyway. It's just about to the part where Dorothy opens the door after the tornado and everything is in technicolor - gotta go!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

my fave is the rudolph clay movie

Monday, November 14, 2005 6:56:00 PM

 
Blogger k said...

totally love that movie with the snowman and the elf...

Monday, November 14, 2005 7:11:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home