random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Sixteen Candles

I admit it, I am a movie junkie. And of course I have favorites - ones that no matter how many times I've watched them, I will always watch again. My list of favorites dates to the mid-80s beginning with a series of John Huges films, ( I was in junior high, give me a break!) So I was talking with a co-worker the other day about movies and the ones you have memorized, for me, Sixteen Candles and the Breakfast Club, and Ghostbusters - (his was The Blues Brothers - which I am sorry to say I have never seen all of...) We were laughing because I remember that I watched these two movies soooooo many times that simply by being in the house with me, my father had them memorized too. Mind you, he never actually sat and watched either from beginnning to end-just tolerated my seemingly neverending need to watch each every day for the better part of my junior high existence. Anyway, I'm flippin' channels today and guess what is on - Sixteen Candles!!! And I still have it memorized!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Pollet said...

That sounds like a lovely day. I did something similar this weekend, with a bit of a cold, sitting in bed reading, occasionally getting up to get something to eat or play a little bit of video games.


I think Blues Brothers is a bit overrated--unless you love blues, in which case it's probably kid-in-a-candy-store time.

In other news:
"Where do these stairs go?"
"They go up."

Monday, November 14, 2005 9:56:00 AM

 
Blogger k said...

"Ray - If someone asks if you are a god, you say YES!"

I love that movie - makes me giggle everytime.

It's funny - I feel like, as a movie lover, I should watch the Blues Brothers, but truthfully, I never have any real desire to see it. Nothing about it motivates me. And another movie that EVERYONE loves, but I have never been able to sit through more than 30 minutes of is Raising Arizona...just not funny to me. Oh well...

Monday, November 14, 2005 6:29:00 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

my memz'd one is 'girls just wanna have fun' with sj parker, pre-90210 s doherty, h hunt, and j livingston.

so awesome

Monday, November 14, 2005 6:58:00 PM

 
Blogger k said...

have you seen sjp in If Lucy Fell...one of my grad school favs - get off bartendin at like 3am, snag some steak-n-shake and watch til I passed out like 3 nights a week...good stuff

Monday, November 14, 2005 7:13:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home