random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Monday, November 14, 2005

Fuzzy and slipping away

So lately I am all distracted and overwhelmed. Can't find things, can't remember things, feel tired a lot. And intellectually I know how to combat this...get better sleep, eat better food, exercise....but really what I want is for time to stop and all my committments like work at three different jobs to just freeze for a few days. I want time to myself without coming back to work to find a backlog-o-shit that I have to catch up on. I need to feel motivated when I am rested and rested when I am motivated. Lately these things have not been happening at the same time. And I feel like I am slipping away - like things are getting away from me - or like I am on a train about to cross a big bridge and I can see the huge hole in the bridge, but I can't stop the train and I just know I am going to dive head first into this big abyss on this speeding train....which is terribly morbid, but something is just way off - my focus is fuzzy...I can't keep track and I'm really tired of trying to catch up.

So I make lists - things to do, things I need, things to remember...and then I forget to look at the lists. Or I look at the lists days or weeks later when they are old and outdated and half accomplished or just not relevent anymore. And I wonder why I wasted time on the lists...except that it calmed me, put my jumble of thoughts in order, reminded me what to do, sort of....

I'm missing a rhythm to my days...nothing flows smoothly anymore. Perhaps it's my own attitude, perhaps my karma is whack, maybe my chakras can't breathe or something else like that. Rhythm...that's what's missing, my daily, intuitive rhythm....when and where did I lose that?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Pollet said...

The fuzziness is a feeling I've felt more and more the older I've gotten. Like when you're a kid you have perfect focus, and then it takes more and more effort to not feel fuzzy-ish...

I think the lists are a good idea, if not perfect in their execution; for me, when I feel this way (or a similar way), I find that having just one or two habits that I do every single day helps me stay centered, even if it's something that just takes a few minutes a day.

Or just keep in mind that we all feel like this sometimes, and it will pass...

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 10:22:00 AM

 
Blogger k said...

true - I have these great - razor-sharp days where I am energized AND focused and motivated and i get soooo much done. makes me almost buoyant...but it seems like days like these are so few and far between. it's just frustrating. It does make me wonder how anyone over 40 gets anything at all done....

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 3:32:00 PM

 
Blogger Jeff Pollet said...

I've definitely found that I have more 'razor sharp' days when I'm getting regular exercise/sleep...if that's possible for you to do, you might give it a go. :)

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 9:24:00 AM

 
Blogger k said...

good advice sir - and truthfully, I have been trying hard to work in at least the exercise part - can't always control the sleep part, but my theory is that if I get more exercise, it will knock me out and I'll get better sleep....which will give me more focus and energy which will lead to more motivation to exercise and so on...keep your fingers crossed!

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 9:45:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home