random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

And the hits just keep on coming

Um, yeah, so, my basement is emitting the nasty sewer stank again. Called the city - they got nothin. Bite the bullet and call the plumber and surprise, surprise, surprise...there is ANOTHER blockage - about a foot and a half further down the pipe from where they replaced it in June. Fuckity fuck fuck - this one is under the sidewalk - so they can't just fill it with gravel and leave it like my driveway...no, they have to replace the sidewalk to "code." "Code" costs extra. Lucky me. AND, they can't fit me in until Monday - so I get to spend Thanksgiving with my in-laws in the stink-house. Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm, mmmm ...

FOR SALE: ONE FALLING DOWN, NOT TO CODE, STINKY, PIPES KEEP BREAKING, DOG AND CAT INFESTED CUTE LITTLE HOUSE. IT'S GOT GREAT PERSONALITY, IT'S QUIRKY, IT'S A MONEY PIT. Any takers?

On the flip side, my fabulous new husband fixed the lazy susan in our cupboard. Now it spins freely and the shelf don't sag no more. Sweet - I'm likin' this new husband fella. He's kinda useful and even thoughtful. I just might keep him.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Pollet said...

awwww...that's cute that yer 'new husband' fixed the lazy suzan. Useful to have around, that fella.

Now send his ass out there to fix your pipe! Heh.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 10:08:00 AM

 
Blogger k said...

dude - baby steps...don't want to drive him to drink again!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 2:00:00 PM

 
Blogger Jeff Pollet said...

heh. baby steps indeed. smart.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 6:54:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home