random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Monday, November 28, 2005

Time Suck

I realized yesterday that I was getting burnt out and tired and I needed a day away from the bookstore. So I switched my days off and stayed home today. I made a list last night - things I wanted to do around the house, general get-it-done kind of day. Instead, I have barely left the bed. I did some mild rearranging of piles of things and have watched many hours of television and have fallen asleep twice since waking up this morning. But I have not actually gotten anything done. And I feel like I have fallen into some sort of time suck warp. I keep thinking about what I wanted to accomplish today, how good it will feel when I do finish it and how hard it is for me to actually move - get up, go do it.

I recognize that probably I am tired and need to rest. That my body is telling me something. But what I feel like it is saying is that I'm lazy and unmotivated. Of course I am totally not - but I hate that the day is half over before I am waking up to utilize it. And I hate that I have so little time left to tackle my list and I hate that I don't get another day off until next Monday or Wednesday. So today needs to be the day. Maybe this little online self-scolding will motivate me.

But what I really wonder is how that time-suck warp starts. You know, so I can see it coming and thwart it next time...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Pollet said...

or maybe try to get good sleep if you can in general so you're not wearing yourself so thin! :)

Just a concerned word or two, not a scolding, from me.

Monday, November 28, 2005 6:47:00 PM

 
Blogger k said...

and you get a smile in return - I have accepted that today will be what it is and I will do what I can and I will sleep a lot too.

Wearing myself thin...if only it were that easy to lose a few pounds! just kidding - thanks for the concern. maybe I'll just read several of the magazines that have piled up next to my bed since August...catch up, rest and recycle all at once :)

Monday, November 28, 2005 8:07:00 PM

 
Blogger leila said...

um, yeah the time suck. It's 11.30 and i was supposed to get up and do my grading all morning. so just got out of the shower and will have to leave in a half an hour for class. i hear ya loud and clear in the time suckage departement.
So what can you do? depressingly nothing i fear. the magnetism that the bed has is nothing compared to forces of nature.
chalk it up as a suckage day sweetie pie. Leila

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 4:36:00 AM

 
Blogger k said...

shiny p - yes, I love crossing things off the list. I know that I will NEVER actually cross the last thing off the list, but it feels good to see the list waning instead of waxing so to speak. and it does feel like such an accomplishment to make that line through something on the list....in fact, it's the whole reason I make lists, just so I can cross things off of it.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 10:25:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home