random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Oddities

There are so many that I think I will just list them:

I was late to an event today because the city was painting lines on THE major north/south thoroughfare. It's Sunday! They had lanes closed off for line painting, line painting!! Like this is a priority on a busy weekend day.

On my way home from this event, along a different major north/south thoroughfare, I saw a large buck with three point antlers (four point?) munching grass alongside the road. This is a pretty urbanized area. But, the oddity is that it had a picture frame hanging from its antlers.

In nine days it will be November and it was 80 degrees today.

When I went out to light candles in the jack-o-lanterns, there were gnats inside. Mold, I get, but gnats? I suppose scientifically that makes some sense, but it was a surprise to me. I hope I burned them out.

They just used the term "Cancer Bitch" on Desperate Housewives.

I just worked 45 hours in four days. I'm not sure I will ever walk upright again. (Too much heavy book lifting.)

All the trees in my town have turned beautiful oranges and reds. My trees are still green.

Ummmm, that's all for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger leila said...

Ha, that makes me giggle. you have lazy trees. :)

Saturday, October 27, 2007 9:48:00 AM

 
Blogger k said...

Tee hee - and you know what, it's a week later, this morning there if frost on the ground for the first time, and my trees are still green!!

But, I'm carving pumpkins today - yay!

Sunday, October 28, 2007 10:22:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home