random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Saturday

Not as frenetic, but so, so long. Again, offsite author signings, also an author event in the store. A school fundraiser and art show, and Educator Appreciation kick-off. I felt so tired and overextended all day, but somehow, everything got done and properly. Amazing. Or, organized? I'm hoping it continues through the next week which is just as busy. I would have worked longer at the bookstore, but I was supposed to be at the bar at 5pm - I found this out around 5pm. I left the bookstore at 6 so I could get to the bar by 7pm. Worked til 3:30am - so, yes, that was a 19 hour day. I finally got home and went to sleep at 5:00am. It was a good day - again, got lots done. It was a good start to the fiscal month. I am looking forward to some personal time coming up this week.

I did meet some really interesting women at the offsite. The offsite was a sewing and quile expo and the authors were all knitters and crocheters. But they were young, and hip, and artsy. They were motivated and making a living writing books about their hobby. One woman lives in an abandoned high school and conducts "schools" on knitting and crocheting techniques. They were creative women and liberal and fun. These were the kind of women I used to hang out with in grad school. They reminded me of Monee and Leila. I'm not interested, nor do I know how to knit or crochet, but it was really their personalities that I was drawn to. It was nice to be around that energy. I really miss the art community and the university community. But I also feel motivated to get some of my projects out of my head and into reality. I'm kind of looking forward to focusing on me a little bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home