random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

This Day Sucks

Where to begin? Well, we bought a new dryer on Sunday and scheduled to deliver it today. (We haven't had a working dryer in months.) But we use a clothesline (better for the environment) and it's been okay all summer. Now however, it's gonna get cold and we finally have just a smidgeon extra money, so we bit the bullet and bought the new one. I had to work today for 3 and a half hours. Of course they deliver it while I am at work. My husband is here, has moved the old dryer and the washer to make room, cleared a path from the front door to the laundry room, basically all the heavy lifting. The "professional" installers measure the doorway to the laundry room and decide that the dryer is too wide and it will not fit, so they take it back and go on their way to where ever else they went to day. I came home an hour later, picked up my husband and we drive to the Lowe's that is 20 minutes away. (Because on Sunday when we bought it, the Lowe's that is 5 minutes away and next door to where I work did not have the model we wanted.) So we make the drive and Goran, the Russian giant measures the model he thinks we bought and declares that although it is too wide, if turned sideways, it will fit because it's depth is shorter. And besides, we can't return it or get our money back until the actual dryer is back in the building. So we call the delivery service and ask if the guys on the truck can just measure it's depth and see if it will fit and give us a call. We are available all day. This was almost 4 hours ago. How fucking long does it take to measure a dryer?

In the meantime, we buy some paint, and some wood and try to eat at 2 sushi places, but are now in the two hour part of the day when sushi restaurants close for whatever reason. Now we are hungry and I am cranky cuz I just know I'm gonna have to make another trip down to the 20 minutes away Lowe's to either return this dryer or buy a new one or exchange. So, instead of killing an hour at home and coming back when sushi opens, I decide we'll go grocery shopping and get dog food, steak for the grill and stir fry some vegetables. So we wander the aisles for and hour or so, get up to the check out, ring up $200.00 worth of food and bones and stuff and my card is declined. What? I say...I just deposited money on Saturday. So they graciously hold our cart while I go to the ATM to check it out and we are at a negative balance. Now I am really confused. So they graciously offer to hold the cart for half an hour while I check with the bank and figure this out. So we drive home - I am embarrassed and really cranky now and I get online and check things out. Turns out that fucking check I deposited on Saturday, still has not cleared, because yesterday was Columbus Day and that makes today the "next business day" and although I thought the end of the business day was 2:00pm, it in fact must be who fucking knows when. So, there is over $500.00 "pending" that I cannot access. And I have managed to waste this whole fucking day driving around and getting absolutely nothing accomplished because, I will have to virtually repeat this entire day tomorrow. I want to kill someone. Or at least seriously maim them. The suckiest part is that today and tomorrow are my only days to relax this week. I'm working roughly 35 hours in three days, Thursday through Saturday and a lot is riding on these events. Fuckity Fuck! I need a sedative or someting.

Sweetie pie is cooking up someting smell goody in the kitchen. He's starving. And then he's spending the night cleaning out the studio. I think I'm gonna start painting the kitchen. Maybe get even one thing done today. *sigh* Not enjoying Tuesday, October 9th - at least, I can admit that I am much calmer because C. spent the day enduring it all with me. There are days when he really does keep me calm. It was nice to be with him today. Not stuck dealing with this all on my own. Let's hope hump day goes a little more smoothly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home