random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Monday, October 01, 2007

October 1, 2007

October is my favorite month. Cool, crisp, colorful...it's all about football and fall leaves and sharpened pencils. Pumpkins and squash and Halloween. So many of my favorites all in one place. I even got married in October, although I won't hold that against my favorite month. I even like writing the word October - all round letters and easy connections - it looks good in my handwriting.

So, in an homage - so glad it's one of the 31 day months, I am going to chronicle each day of my favorite month.

It's unfortunate that October begins on a Monday this year. I spent 12 and a half hours at work today. I suppose it's a good thing. Makes the rest of my week shorter, and I got quite a lot done in anticipation of my upcoming events. The whole month is chock full of authors, literature conferences, book expos, and bookfair fundraisers. Lots of paperwork, lots of ordering, lots of signage and press releases. I got a lot done today, but, I'm beat. Looking forward to a lighter week.

Mmmm, had potato leek soup today - yet another reason to love October - soup season. Soup for lunch, popcorn for dinner. Not exactly balanced, but it's my month, I'm going to do as I please with it.

The encore season of The Closer is on tonight. The actor who played the doctor on Voyager is in this episode. Interesting crossover.

I've been reading The Know-It-All by A.J. Jacobs - laugh out loud funny. It's about a guy who reads the entire Encyclopedia Britannica. It's witty and down-to earth. And my dogs are barking - literally. Must go let them in before some random neighbor comes to complain. Thus ends my first entry in October.

2 Comments:

Blogger leila said...

Hey super reader,
if you sign up on pay pal, i'll send you some money to send me some books! feeling a need to weed out?
plus if you haven't heard the euro is silly strong these days! the ONLY thing president shrub has done that has had a good result!

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 3:11:00 PM

 
Blogger k said...

How do I sign up on paypal???

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 4:48:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home