random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Monday, January 15, 2007

Silliness

Something is stinky in my kitchen (?). I think it is my kitchen - perhaps the garbage disposal. Or maybe the basement, but wafting up through the heating vents...can't quite pinpoint it. I have poured salt and white vinegar down my disposal. I have scoured my refridgerator. It's not in the garbage....so, I mask it prettily with 2000 scented candles. Okay, only 7...but it took 2000 matches to get them all lit. I'm so distracted. Just now I was thinking how pungently sweet my raspberry tea is, only to realize that it is the gardenia scented oil (which I also lit along with the candles). You know because raspberry tea and gardenia scented oil smell soooo much alike. *sigh*

Watching the Golden Globes. Like many people, or perhaps only some people, I enjoy seeing the beautiful gowns and earrings and hairdos. I think the speeches are funny and am mildly annoyed when they shoo the screenwriter from the stage with a "wrap it up" on the teleprompter, but let Meryl Streep blather on - of course, she was witty and engaging and charming and well, she is Meryl Streep. But was he shooed because he was making a political statement, both with the film he wrote and with his acceptance speech? Or was he shooed because he wasn't glamourous and recognizable? Whose to say? Who cares?

I do like that they all sit at dinner tables and talk and drink and generally look like they are having a good time. Much better than the stiff Academy Awards so worried about how long the show will run.

Anyway, it's nice to see how much television I do not watch. Thank goodness my brain isn't turning to mush as quickly as I had thought it might be. Happy Monday all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home