random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Harvest Moon

I can't believe it's November already. October, (my favorite month of the year), just disappeared. The small consolation is that the weather is very October-like right now. Crisp, but not too cold. Big, full, harvest moon. The smell of bonfire in the air. Piles of raked leaves. I can't describe how the smell of the world righ now makes me feel. Content? Comfy? I sat on the front porch this morning - something I don't do very often - and started a new book. I should have read it a couple of months ago for book club, but did not have time. Today, however, I am home sick. Sick as a dog acutally - stuffed up head, runny nose, hacking cough, sneezy and groggy. My goal is to barrel through it today, so I can function the rest of the week at work. I was so tired last week - I wonder if that was the precursor to this. But, I guess it is better for it to happen now than closer to the holidays when I really have no time whatsoever to be sick or recover. Timing as they say is everything. Bears aren't looking too good today. Might let Miami take it from them. We'll see - they've gotten good at pulling it off in the last quarter. I think I'll go curl up in that comfy green chair under the blankets with a cup of tea, my book and Bears football. Not a bad way to be sick, I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home