random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Monday, September 11, 2006

Gas On!

So, we've been without gas for a month. One of those astronomical bills from the winter that we just couldn't get paid off. (His parents pitched in and helped us out. - which opens up a whole other set of issues for me like when will I be stable enough to take care of my life? but I digress).

Anyway, we called on Friday and paid with credit over the phone. But the gas can't just be turned back on, they have to schedule an appointment to come light all the pilot lights and clear the lines. An adult over age 18 must be available for this to happen. So, lucky us, we get an appointment today - a mere 3 days later, but technically the next business day. So the lady on the phone is explaining the rules and then says that the technician will be out sometime between 7am....and MIDNIGHT!!!! No, I am not kidding!! A 17-hour window to wait around for the technician...is that the most outstanding/unbelievable crock of crap you've ever heard??? (I know I shouldn't complain - I didn't pay my bill, I should be glad they will provide me with service, yada, yada...) I just still can't believe it...too amazing.

So moral of the story, get on the budget plan so you don't have to wonder why your gas costs $45 a month April-October and $350 a month November-March....

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Pollet said...

You should complain (maybe after that gas is back on is the best time!)--you *have* paid your bill--and undoubtedly you paid extra charges to have it turned back on and all that. A 17-hour window is ridiculous, and depending on where you live, might be against the law--aren't there laws about people having gas in places where the cold weather kills? Maybe wishful thinking on my part.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 10:04:00 AM

 
Blogger leila said...

hiya, i'm thinking your friend jeff has a point with legal things and kill-you-dead-cold weather. i know that you don't have to pay rent (if you're renting) on the days your apt is colder than an 'accepted' living temp (of course due to a heating problem). and i think liveable is somewhere around 65°
but, then again, it's the states, not known for it's legally organized and institutionalized caring of its citizens.

but, all that to say! yeah!
and jd and i have to choke up the electricity month by month. it's so expensive here and our electric heat is unbelieably in-efficient. something the electric co loves but our pocketbook doesn't.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 3:36:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home