random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Summer Showers

I LOVE the smell of rain on hot pavement. It's dark finally and the fucking 100 degree heat has been pushed aside by one helluva thunderstorm complete with straight arrow lightning right to the ground. It's exciting and I miss this kind of dramatic weather. I should type fast and shut - down. It would suck to fry my laptop. But I'm really digging this display by mother nature and we needed the rain so badly. I love the sound of the storm moving in through the trees and the sound of big drops hitting the panes. I am going to sleep like a baby - for the first time in ages. Looking forward to that.

Must go comfort my pups - they aren't quite as enamored as I am.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel R. said...

loooooove lightning n thunder. cali lacks it here its more like gods drooling..no drama in that..

Friday, August 04, 2006 11:54:00 PM

 
Blogger k said...

that's funny - gods drooling - I get all zen and peaceful when it storms here. I live in a rather flat area and you can just watch the storm roll in from the west. And now that my basement does not flood anymore, I can once again LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the rain.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 10:17:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home