random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

It's A Beautiful Day

Truly it is. Today is gorgeous. Warm in the sunshine, but not too hot. A nice intermittant breeze, but not too cold. Blue skies...gorgeous. I am too tired to enjoy it. I had a brief spurt of energy between my 2nd and 3rd class and went out for ice cream. But I am stuck at school today...so, no lunch outside, no long walk with Savannah along the river. Truthfully, I'm not sure I'd have the energy for it anyway. I love teaching, but I am literally counting the days until I'm done for the summer. I know it seems that all teachers do this, but I have not had more than one day off a week since the summer of 2004. Oh, I've had vacation time - last May I had 6 days off...and I spent it battling 8 inches of water in my basement, replacing my water heater, cleaning out the muck from the basement. In January I had 4 days off...I went home to do Christmas, bachelorette party and bridal shower for my sister. Good stuff, but hardly r&r. Finally, I had 3 days off in March...for my sister's wedding. Non stop running for food, decor, undergarments, jewelry, rehearsal, etc. Again, good times, but not really a break per se.

So, I am very much counting the days to May 10th..my last day of class. And every day like this that I miss due to work or sheer exhaustion...well, I'm hoping to make it up this summer. Yard work...new landscaping, regular dog walking and visits to the gym. I need to get back into a good rhythm...a schedule I can be happy with, productive in and relax with.

But I wonder where this exhaustion comes from..I slept well enough to dream last night. Perhaps just not enough. It was cold sleeping - turned the heat off yesterday, but should have put it back on last night. I'm hoping to sleep in tomorrow. But when NICJ gets up, he's usually under the impression that we should all be up. Maybe if I play possum...

In the meantime, I am going to try and get out of class before the sun sets...so I can drive home with the windows down...and at least enjoy the very last of this beautiful day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Pollet said...

Exhaustion can very easily build up incrementally over time...whether you slept well or not last night, if you've been going-going-going for a year or two with only a few little breaks, it adds up. Hopefully the summer brings you fun and frolic.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:33:00 AM

 
Blogger k said...

Frolic - that is absolutely one of my most favorite words...

Monday, April 24, 2006 3:49:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home