random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Monday, March 27, 2006

Spring Fever

Nothing like a little wine and chocolate with the girls, followed by a beautiful, bright-blue sky, sunny day to energize a body. I feel a little schizophrenic actually, but yesterday was quite fabulous. Still sick with a head full of snot...going on 11 days of that...but, I had so much energy yesterday. Literally, all week, I've been dragging - 10, 12 hours of sleep - no matter...I've been dragging. That's what being really sick is all about I guess...the body shuts down. And I still have a head full of snot - pretty picture isn't it? But I guess the combination of wine and nyquil knocked me out hard enough to actually energize me.

Or maybe it was the beautiful day. Not too hot, not too cold. Took the dog for a car ride. Vacuumed, dusted, rearranged...did some really deep cleaning - microwave - uck! what exploded in there??!! I even turned off the heat and opened some windows, burnt some incense, lit some smelly candles. Made dinner and ate it. I don't remember the last time I cooked a real meal in my kitchen and then enjoyed it...Thanksgiving maybe. Oh, but it felt good to reconnect with my house after being in bed all week. I think some people have to be active- have to touch things to feel connected. I must be that way. Makes me feel more at home if I'm the one that's taking care of it. And it was a wreck. Damn it was nice to put everything back in order. I even took a bubble bath - love bubbles.

So, I guess the pendulum swings both ways and of course it's helpful to observe that a great many things can affect the mood - I know there is a great deal still to figure out, but some good old-fashioned, get-your-hands-dirty work can lift the spirits even if it doesn't mend the soul entirely or fill that hole in the heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home