random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Ya Gotta Be Kidding Me

Do you know what tonight's second top story was on the ten o'clock news? Women who are choosing to leave the workforce to be housewives...are you kidding me? This is news? This is an issue of any kind? The Olympics are in full swing, we are still occupying Iraq, Israel is in turmoil, and women leaving the freakin workforce to choose to be housewives is what we're reporting. Fucking shoot me now. It's no wonder Bush got elected a second time. Because seemingly intelligent human beings continue to make issues out of and create drama over ridiculous things. And for the record, this is why I DO NOT watch the news. None of it. It's all ratings and drama and silliness. There is no such thing as good reporting and intelligent, thought-provoking news. I mean, seriously, the heartfelt reporting on Michelle Kwan stepping out of the Olympics had more class. And that's just ice skating. Seriously...

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Pollet said...

i got all confused--I thought Michelle Kwan was stepping out of the Olympics to become a housewife.

This particular type of non-story stuff has been repeated ad nauseum my whole life, as far as I can remember...

Monday, February 13, 2006 10:17:00 AM

 
Blogger k said...

Dude - you make me giggle. :)

Monday, February 13, 2006 11:43:00 AM

 
Blogger k said...

now that's quality reporting! I say all news shows EXCEPT the Daily Show should be banned! Maybe Bill Maher can stay on.

Monday, February 13, 2006 4:13:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home