random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Starting Off Right




So I've been sick all week - no complaints - first time in a while to be honest...and I took the week off work, which was nice. But, I told my friend Billy I'd work New Year's Eve for him...I need cash, he wanted the night with his girl. Of course after a week home sick, I wasn't exactly psyched to be working...especially since it was likely most of my friends would either be at parties or downtown. But some extra cash is some extra cash, so who's really complaining....

However, lucky me, it was a great night. I made a lot of extra cash instead of a little AND, some of my closest friends actually spent the evening at the bar where I work. I prearranged staying over night with Pete and Lisa, so I did not have to worry about the 40 minute drive home. Took tons of great and funny pictures of everyone AND, one of my very dearest friends who I haven't seen in over a year came in from Colorado for the weekend to hang with all of us...

Needless to say, many drinks later, fun was had by all and I got to spend the day hanging with Pete, Lisa and Colorado Dave. Not a bad start to 2006...let's hope it runs rings around 2005 in the good-times-had-by-all department.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Pollet said...

Always nice when things turn out well unexpectedly!

And wow, if I only had a friend named "Colorado Dave".

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:35:00 AM

 
Blogger k said...

Colorado Dave is the bomb - and he's like 6'4" - just too fun!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:03:00 AM

 
Blogger leila said...

see now, that's the kinda job you just can't give up, you had fun, drank many mini martinis or shots and heavied your pockets.
it's good to know that you had a good new years pumpkin.

mine on the other hand with my handy dandy new p.c. managed to erase all the photos i took of new years, i managed to erase the memory stick while it was stuck in the computer (because i have a nifty little slot where i can stick it in, don't need a cable or anything; and what would be the computer term for sticking it in?)
so the mystery goes
How the fuck did i do that?
but mine was good too, way hung over all day the next.
as it should have been.

miss you pumpkin and happy new year!!!

Thursday, January 05, 2006 1:18:00 PM

 
Blogger k said...

Leila & shiny p - thanks ladies - may 2006 be in every way the exact opposite of 2005 - that should guarantee me a MUCH better year and I hope good things for you both as well.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 3:12:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home