random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Damn Those are Big

Umm, okay, so I've put on a few pounds. Like 30 or more. Now, just to clarify, I'm soooo not fat. You'd think an addition of 30 pounds would argue that statement, but I started out really scrawny and puny - and maintained said scrawny and bony really, well into my late 20s. But in the last 3-4 years, I have been steadily putting on the pounds.

Now there are some perks, like my boobs are huge. Really, I'm not kidding. I have to wear bigger shirts because they take up so much room that all my old shirts ride up my stomach. (If I still had the glorious 6 pack I sported in grad school, this would be super, but sadly, no longer.) However, I am loving the really awesome cleavage I now lay claim to.

The rolly poly around my middle - not so much. Particularly since I have no children to show for it. I'm just pudgy. Squishy. I have rolls. That sentence icks me out. (Not enough to change anything, just enough to go "ewwww"). Except, I have slowly put on enough that I no longer fit in all my fabulous clothes. And I have some truly spectacular outfits. (Easy there, no Carrie Bradshaw moments in my closet. But I can look gooouuuuddd.) So, I am attempting to get rid of the squishy middle. Better diet, re-incorporation of exercise. I refuse to buy a whole new wardrobe just to accommodate a mostly sedentary lifestyle. Just ain't gonna do it.

Do you think I'll get to keep my big boobs?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home