random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Friday, May 23, 2008

Long Weekend, Day One

For the first time in months, I have more than one day off in a row, not due to illness. As luck would have it, the weather was not bright, sunny or even warm. So, I cleaned all day. It actually felt really good to reaquaint myself with my home. (Haven't seen it in a few weeks.) Anyway, it's nice to be in charge of your space again. Of course, I still have tons to do. And I am getting together with several friends that I haven't seen in ages. Have to take this opportunity, because who knows when I'll have time off again.

At least the dog is finally eating. In the meantime, I'm noticing that the lawn needs cutting. (We no longer have a working mower.) We've broken 3 or 4 in 5 years. So we are paying a service - a friend actually. They half-assed it the first time and haven't been back in two weeks. I'm all for a long lawn. Not one to mow three times a week or anything, but it would be nice to have it done a couple of times a month....dilemna: nag the friend or call a new service. We'll see.

Tomorrow should be really nice out. I am going to dedicate some time to serious sun worship, because despite all warnings of global warming, we haven't had a decent week of spring/summer-ish weather since February. I'm hoping for a bit of sunbathing tomorrow before it rains the rest of my days off. Fingers crossed...

Outside the Harry Carey's restaurant in Rosemont, there is one of those Parade of Cows sculptures. It's got big Harry Carey glasses on and it's brown with big holes in it, painted blue. "Holy Cow!" - get it?? Hysterical!

Moretti LaRossa birra - simply the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home