random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Thursday, May 05, 2005

A Four Coke Day

I usually like to mix my liquids up throughout the day - tea, milk, water, juice, coke. One or two of each. Depends on mood and what I am eating of course. Mostly I try to balance the playing field between my nutritional intake and the teeth-rotting sugar swill that I adore.

Today however, is a very different day. My love of Coke has taken over. One for breakfast - which I have everyday. Sometimes after milk on the way to work, sometimes instead of milk if I am running late. The second for the drive out to school - 70 miles - and to wash down the sandwich I was eating. These two are not so unusual except that I drank them both so quickly. Chugged really. I'm much more of a Coke sipper. In fact by the time I finish a can it's usually warm....so why the urgency today?

The third when I got to school. Oddly I am still thirsty. Water did not feel appealing today. I think I am trapped in some sort of sugar craving. What makes us crave anyway? And in quantity?

I should be ashamed. I should be fearing for the lining of my stomach and the rotting of my teeth. I've gotten that nasty Coke bashing email about it's dangerous acidic content. I know it can disintegrate a nail and clean bug guts off my windshield. But I don't care. I love Coke. I will always love Coke. It tastes so much better than that other cola (which I will not even name here.) And I have faith in the strength of my stomach lining and toothh enamel.

So I am going to go ahead and have that fourth Coke on the drive home. Maybe even a fifth because I love it...

and because I believe in my cravings...
and because love should be demonstrated...
and cravings should not be ignored.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home