random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

good deeds unrewarded

so I am running late today. I am trying to get to the gym and get home in time to shower so I can drive an hour and a half to work. I go outside to bring the dogs in and someone else's dog is wandering around my yard. He is very friendly, so I check his tag and realize he lives only a couple of blocks away. I think, no problem...so I finish getting my dogs inside, put him in my car and drive him home - calling his owner who is not answering all the way there. The front door is open, so I let him in, leave the owner a message and book it to the gym. I am however, late hit my drive to work. But I am also starving, so I do a quick drive-through at taco bell and manage to scrape my front fender on the red posts that keep you from running into the building. This is an incident that takes less than 30 seconds...but my whole front quarter panel is dented...dented so that I cannot open my car door. Now I ask...why did this happen? Because I was in a hurry? I was in a hurry because I took the time to return a lost dog. What in the karmic universe made me deserve a dented car - not just a ding, but requiring actual body work? What is the message here? Slow down maybe...but it pissed me off anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home