random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Ennui...

I am bored. I have a thousand and one things to do but must sit at my desk instead. Of course I am at work, hiding behind my computer screen, making lists of all the things I need to do, but cannot because I am here instead of at home. All my email buddies seem to be busy today - probably getting their work done. I do not have any actual work to do, but cannot leave for another hour and a half. I feel I have not planned well for my day. And I am not particularly good at surfing the internet. I'm sure I won't die of boredom, but it feels like it. No wonder people get fired for playing solitaire at their desks. On a day like today I would be addicted. I so wish I could skip out early and put my energy and motivation to good use. Unfortunately by the time I'm done today, it will be late in the evening and I will no longer care about my long list of things to do - until tomorrow, when I will once again be trapped at my desk. It's a viscious cycle to be sure. Perhaps I could learn to wiggle my ears or some other useless trick to pass the time away. Or practice my surfing....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home