random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Serendipity

Although I am still wondering at the karmic fate of my right front quarter panel, the whole event had a very serendipitous ending. My friend called while I was teaching class...so of course I had to call him back. Which I forgot to do until my ride home. I actually drive through the town where he lives on my way home from school...anyway, he invites me to join him and a friend for dinner and a drink at one of the local taverns. As I am starving, I accept, u-turn and head to the tavern. Here is the serendipitous part...his friend is the body shop manager for a dealership. He bends my front panel back into shape with a screwdriver and says he'll help me get it fixed. So sweet..so perhaps karma in a roundabout way was looking out for me...but the inconvenience of it all makes me wonder. So to anyone out there whose car is dented, dinged or otherwise in a real honest to goodness accident, I feel for you....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home