random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Cornflower, Cerulean, Prussian...

Tonight, the sky was full of clouds and heavy with moisture - not rain, but humidity. And it was a shade of blue I have never seen in the sky - so opaque, so thick and heavy. But not gray, or slate, or pewter. Not bright, or clear, or sky blue. It was the dark, pure blue of Caribbean water at twilight. Looking up, I felt as if I were in fact under water. It was amazing to see that color in the sky; to know it was in part due to the moisture suspended up there; to see the weight of the sky itself in that shade of blue - that neverending sea of dark, cerulean blue sky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home