random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Heat Index of 115 degrees

It is 110 degrees in the shade! (I used to say that when I was trying to describe how hot I thought it was.) But today, it's not just a euphemism - not sure if that's the word I'm looking for - it ACTUALLY IS 110 degrees in the shade! The air is warm enought to feel like you are wrapped in a blanket from head to toe. Thank god and goddes there is a wind (not breeze, wind) today - or literally everyone would melt. Just puddles of people lying around on the sidewalk.

It amazes me though how many people are out and about - jogging (clear case of insanity), walking around (boredom?), or going to the street festival (make the best of it and have fun). Ahh, yes, Summer in Chicago! So hot you could die, but we don't care, we're gonna party anyway! I'm heading back for my friend's band Hello Dave. I figure I am already sticky, and sweaty - might as well go enjoy some music and have some fun. It would be really nice however, if it is not this hot again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home