random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Thursday, July 28, 2005

My Dog has OCD

I think my dog has an Obsessive Compulsive Sniffing Disorder...Every morning when I wake up, she sniffs me from crotch to toe. She is not subtle about where she sticks her nose. When I emerge from the shower and am wrapped in a towel, she will sniff again. When I get dressed, she will once again peruse me with her nostrels. Sometimes she doesn't even wait for me to finish dressing before she begins her sniffing investigation. I wonder if it's some sort of marker, so she will know me when I return or if she is just a good bodyguard - sniffing everything I wear before I wear it - like in medieval times when they had a court taster to test the food for poison before the king would take a bite. Although, I must admit that she does not seem to care one way or the other about any of my clothes. She simply has to sniff me every time I change them. It is for this reason that I think she has a obsessive complusive disorder. She will even re-sniff me when I get home - as if to say, "Just Checkin." I've found that I have become desensitized to her sniffs. It no longer seems to bother me at all to walk three steps into my home each day with her nose in my crotch. It is somewhat alarming however to see her do it to my guests. Is there treatment for this? Should I pass out crotch guards at the door? Maybe I should have her nose removed....nnaaaaa! I think I will instead say to anyone visiting my home - "You have been fore-warned! If you bring your crotch to my house, you do so at your own risk. It will be sniffed!" Perhaps I will have a sign made and hung outside next to the door - like those Beware of Dog signs - only mine will say, "Beware of Dog Nose!"

Consider yourself warned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home