random musings and events; tales of lunacy and hysteria; lightning strikes of intelligence accompanied by gibberish; stuff to amuse, rants to abuse; general nonsense that makes up my days, my nights and all the fluff in between

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I had the pleasure of spending time with three very good friends today. One in person, the other two via instant message. Truly there is nothing better in life than remembering yourself through your closest friends. The best part is that each friend I know from a different time and place in my life. So they each share with me very different memories and experiences. Our time together today was rejuvenating for me, refreshing, stimulating - I am tired still and searching, but today has invigorated my spirit. These conversations and interactions have reminded me who I am even if just a little bit. In all that has happened in the last year or so, it is me, that defining sense of self that I always had, that I miss the most. Today my friends gave me back a little of that, each in a very different way - and I thank them. Life is tough, shitty even, but today is the kind of day that makes it all seem manageable. Seek out your friends, appreciate them - let them nurture you and nurture them in return - and enjoy the you that they see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home